'Womens Empowerment in Indian Villages'
KOKOPILLI now donates $5 from every purchase to WEIV
Vision: A society without poverty, illiteracy, sickness, child labour or gender and social inequality.
Mission: To empower women within the community by making them aware of their basic rights and providing basic education, health security, leading to gender and social equality and livelihood security.
Here are the current issues WEIV are reforming through their projects:
With each Kokopilli jewel purchased by YOU we thank you deeply. Here is how far each contribution goes:
- Weekly wage for a Literacy Teacher (all staff are Indian) $20
- Literacy Education for one Dalit/Untouchable Girl - Per month $3.64
- Access to one Health Awareness Session (safe practices to reduce infant mortality rates) for 25 women $5.75
- Give Access to one Health Awareness Session (advised on their rights around child marriage & consent and reproductive and sexual health) for 15 girls $3.11
- Access to one Information Session for Expectant Mothers & those who have recently given birth (reducing morbidity rate for baby and mother through info on Nutrition & Safe delivery)- Access for 10 mothers $4.60.
- Access to one Health Awareness Session for all women of child bearing age (family planning strategies, contraception, importance of educating female children) - Access for 25 women $5.75
- Give Access to one Awareness Raising Session for adolescent boys (helping young men to respect and value women in their society, valuing themselves, contraception, diseases, negative impacts of child marriage) -Access for 15 boys $3.11